If you’ve always fancied wrestling with sharks, but didn’t want to risk your limbs now is your chance to get excited with World of Diving. World of Diving is the first online multiplayer dive game for hardcore simulation fans and casual diving enthusiasts alike that comes with full Oculus Rift support. That means the closest you’ll get to virtual reality diving while staying dry.
Starting out in the Caribbean, World of Diving recreates and brings to life the world of wonder and discovery that is at the bottom of the ocean, where you will be hang out with friends – whether you have met them in or outside of the game – and can dive with the sea turtles, hunt for the great white shark, and party on your own luxury yachts.
World of Diving is an ambitious undertaking with world-scale potential; all made possible through a combination of procedurally generated environments based on actual biological and geographical data, and manually designed real-world diving spots.
Key features include:
- Visit astonishing real-world diving spots, manually brought to life by our design team.
- Explore the Earth’s oceans without limitation thanks to procedurally generated environments.
- Customize your character from body type, face and hairstyle, to clothing and accessories.
- Team up and explore with friends or one of your NPC companions.
- Over a hundred collectable species, many of which add their unique benefit to your diving skill.
- Compete with friend and foe over ancient treasure and in exciting diving challenges.
- Discover rusty shipwrecks, World War II submarines and eerie underwater caverns.
- Take part in the community and help direct the development of the gameplay and in-game items.
- Play using the Oculus Rift for the full immersive experience, or use a traditional monitor.
So it looks and sounds great, but Vertigo Games can’t do it without you. They’ve opened their indiegogo campaign today with a lofty $75,000 to raise. It’ll be great to see their target raised and the game released so if virtual diving sounds exciting to you, head over to the World of Diving indiegogo campaign and check them out.