Good news for indie fans – In celebration of indie retail platforms such as The App Store, Google Play, Steam, and a few others a massive indie sale will be on from May 24th to June 1st.
We believe that developers should have the freedom to price their games how they like, without interference from the online stores that sell the games. Why? Because it allows us to promote our games more freely, as we are doing here! We rely on the ability to promote our games for our livelihood and control over pricing is an important tool for this purpose.
For the last week of May (May 24 through June 1) our games will be deeply discounted to celebrate online stores that give us control over pricing: The App Store, Google Play, Steam, and a few others.
You can visit the official page for Because We May to stay up to date with the deals. The cut off point for participation submissions is tomorrow (May 22nd), so if you’re an indie dev and you want to get involved you can sign up here.
There’s some absolutely fantastic games featured with the current list:
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa AAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
- Anomaly Warzone Earth
- Avadon: The Black Fortress
- BIT.TRIP BEAT
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER
- CAVE STORY
- Costume Quest
- DeathSpank: The Baconing
- Double Fine Bundle
- Frozen Synapse
- Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
- Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
- Jamestown Deluxe Pack
- Lugaru HD
- Metal Drift
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack (Episode One & Two)
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode One
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode Two
- Snuggle Truck
- Super Meat Boy
- Swords & Soldiers
- The Binding of Isaac
- The Dejobaan Complete Pack
- The Wonderful End of the World
- Toki Tori
- Zen Bound 2
You can find out more by visiting the official page for Because We May.